Follow Us

  • Facebook - Black Circle
  • Twitter - Black Circle
  • Instagram - Black Circle

Phoenix Chapter of the Links, Inc.

P. O. Box 67237

Phoenix, AZ 85082

phoenix@linksinc.org

CONTACT US
LINKS TO OUR ORGANIZATION
SITE NAVIGATION

Rose Photo credited to GLady on Pixabay under the Creative Commons 2.0 Generic License

HISTORY OF THE PHOENIX CHAPTER OF THE LINKS, INC. 

The Phoenix Chapter of The Links, Inc. was established on March 17, 1952. The Chartering ceremony was conducted by the charter’s founding members: Winstona Aldridge, Lorraine Crump, Grace Daniels, Juanita Dickey, Mary Greenfield, Madeline Hardy, Anna Julian, LaVerne Jackson, Louise Phillips, Geraldine Solomon, Emily Williams and Olivia Wormley.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

The Phoenix Chapter of The Links, Inc. raises funds to support its programs and projects through donations from foundations and corporations; grants; ticket sales to our signature fundraising events; advertising sales; and underwriting.

A partial list of philanthropic contributions from the Phoenix Chapter of The Links, Inc. includes:

Consortium of Black Organizations and Others For The Arts

Dr. Lincoln J. Ragsdale Memorial Scholarship at ASU

George Washington Carver Museum and Cultural Center

Sojourner Center

Creative and Performing Arts

Tanner Gardens

The Greater Phoenix Urban League

The Greater Phoenix Urban League

Heard Museum

Maricopa Branch NAACP

Phoenix Boys Choir

The Links Reading Academy

Valley Wide Scholarship Programs

 Black Family and Child Services

Katrina Families Assistance Fund

Organ Transplant Fund

Amos Okrah School, Kumasi Ghana

President's Message 
Joan Sherwood

Improving the lives of youth through mentoring and educational enrichment programs… empowering women and children with a focus on health and wellbeing …serving as role models to hundreds of Phoenix area teens and young adults. These efforts define the vision, mission, and commitment of the Phoenix Chapter of The Links, Incorporated.

The Links, Incorporated is a nonprofit organization comprised of outstanding women, committed to building healthy communities, locally and globally. Established in 1946. The membership consists of 12,000 professional women of color in 276 chapters located in 41 states, the District of Columbia and the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. The Phoenix Chapter was established on March 17, 1952 with 12 social and civic-minded women, dedicated to improving communities and making a difference in the lives of others. More than 60 years later, their legacy of service endures.

The Phoenix Chapter continues its commitment to elevating the achievement, cultural awareness and overall wellbeing of youth through an integrated program focused on closing the academic achievement gap through mentoring, educational enrichment, college readiness, career awareness, and cultural and civic engagement.

We are engaged in humanitarian outreach efforts related to health and wellness, and basic human needs for people in our local community and those from developing nations. Through the generous support of our partners and collaborators and the larger community, the Phoenix Chapter of The Links, Incorporated is positively impacting the lives of children and families throughout Greater Phoenix and helping to build stronger, more viable communities. We thank you for your interest in our outreach endeavors and invite you to join us in our vision of friendship and service.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                - Joan M. Sherwood